In PLDT's Fibr systems, Bridge Mode can be achieved in 2 ways.
- Call PLDT at 101-FIBR to request ONU update. (Earlier done before 2014)
- Direct from the ONU configuration.
Differences between Router ModeEdit
- A single port will serve unmodified internet traffic, whereas traffic under Router Mode will undergo Network Address Translation.
- If multiple ports are enabled in Bridge Mode, the first connection to be established will get the connection. All other connections will be ignored.
- Instead of relying on the ONU for routing, the endpoint connection will take the responsibility for connection propagation. This is where external routers come into play.
How to enable Bridge Mode in PLDT Fibr ONUsEdit
- Log in to your ONU (usually 192.168.1.1)
- Click WAN setup.
- From Routed, change selection to Bridge.
- Disable NAT (Network Address Translation)
- Disable WiFi.
- Leave only Port 1 of the LAN connection checked.
- In LAN tab or DHCP tab, Disable DHCP.
- Save settings and reboot.